Closed Joint Stock Company "Murom" is one of the largest woodworking company demonstrating dynamic development. Over 80 years CJSC "Murom" has carried on commercial and industrial business in the international market.
The construction of Murom plywood mill was initiated in 1929. It was assumed that the mill would be located in one of the most convenient places compared to other plywood mills not only in Russia but in the whole of the former Soviet Union. The mill was put into operation in 1933. The design capacity of 24,000 cubic meters of plywood and 4,500 cubic meters of laminated boards annually had been mastered by 1936.
During the Great Patriotic War the mill started producing boylenit boards (to replace metal) which were earlier purchased abroad. Bakelite plywood and aviation plywood production was launched to correspond with the aviation needs. Tick-borne blanks and gun skids for artillery were produced as well.
In 1944 the staff of the mill was awarded with the Red Banner of the State Defense Committee.
In the 1960s the company launched an automated shop to produce chipboards with design capacity 25,000 cubic meters annually. The overall renovation of the plant started and the company received 5 billion rubles for that from the state.
In the period from the mid 80s to mid 90s the Murom plywood mill was the only manufacturer of textile boards and bakelite film, veneered plywood for shipbuilding and blockboards for wagon manufacturing.
In 1996 the Closed Joint Stock Company "Murom" was established on the basis of the Murom plywood mill.
In the timeline from 2007 to 2009 a new line for plywood production was launched including Raute peeling line, Grenzebach drier (Germany), Kitagawa press (Japan), Hashimoto laminate splicing line (Japan).
ISO 9001:2000 quality management system was introduced in the company in 2009 and is now successfully used.